Sunday, March 18, 2012

Its a whirl wind....

Things have been more then crazy lately. We moved into a new house. I love it here but haven't had the time to settle in. The Kids however had made this place their home from the start! Emelia has made a ton of new friends...it's a good and bad thing. She is just growing up way too fast and it's killing me!
Luke is in love with the play ground and sand box in the back yard, by the end of the day he is full of sand but happy as can be! He has decided on his own that he wants to be potty trained, I find him in the bathroom going all by himself BUT if I ask him to go all bets are off. I'm not in a rush for him to be potty trained, he is my last baby.
I have been busy trying to make the house a home, I hate living out of boxes and in a home full of bare walls. Makes me insane! We have orange  counter tops...yes folks ORANGE! Puts me in a bad mood every time I see them. Thank God Kenny does tile and they will be fixed soon!!!  Everything else is just perfect, perfect for us!
I haven't picked up my camera much at all, in fact I have kinda lost connection to the outside world and I am ok with that! I have been spending all my time with my kids. Emelia started baseball a few weeks ago and Luke starts gymnastics class soon. I have been enjoying them so much. My life has truly settled, I enjoy making dinner every night and staying up late to make SPIRT DAY outfits for my little girl....you know mommy things! We have started a routine of eating dinner together at the table, reading a devotional every night with the kids, a short story about hard decisions that kids are forced to make or things that relate to their lives, it has been amazing! Emelia really loves it and Luke asks every night for the story! Then we say our prayers...Do you know how cute it is to see a 3 year old fold his hands and thank  "Jebus" for his day...PRECIOUS! It has really brought our family closer.
<3 So I guess were just the normal boring family, but normal and boring works for me!

I have to go enjoy my day! It's cold outside so we have a fire going in the fire place, the kids are making cookies in Emelia's easy bake oven, and I'm enjoying the smell of the roast in the crock pot for our Chili lime tacos for dinner! Life is GOOD!!!

<3 Jen

2 comments:

Robin said...

I didnt know you moved. Congrats :) Sounds like the kids are super happy! miss you all <3

Jen said...

Yea, we moved a month ago. I love it! We wanted to have you guys over for a BBQ but between your boys being sick then my kids and you it just hasn't worked. Atleast we will see you guys this weekend!